S M L / N J
1 1 0 . 5 3 N E W S
Februar 25, 2005
This working version is believed to be stable, but
we have not run our full regression-test suite.
Bugfixes and minor feature improvements.
- Thread-safe version of structure Atom matches
original signature and re-uses the original implementation.
Moreover, since an mvar is used as a lock (instead of a separate
server thread) to protect the global hashtable, it is now
possible to create atoms even before RunCML.doit has started
- Moved source tree from smlnj-lib/TraceDebugProf to a new
- Handles access to signed and unsigned long long data.
- Handles long long function arguments and results (but so far
only on the PowerPC).
- Some organizational cleanup of the library code.
- Fixed formatting bug that sometimes caused syntactically incorrect
code from being formed.
- Fixed bug in PC-sampling profiler.
- Fixed off-by-1 bug in ML_STRING macro (which caused the names
of certain exceptions to be garbled).
- Added an experimental heap2exec script (with a helper
heap2asm script in the background). This is experimental
and so far only works under Mac OS X.
- Made ml-build script slightly smarter. (One can now omit
the 3rd argument -- which in this case is taken to be the same as
the 1st argument without the extension.
- _run-sml now converts SMLNJ_HOME to a POSIX pathname on
Fixed its incorrect assumption about the PowerPC being
little-endian. (PPC couldn be little-endian, but on the only
supported platform -- Mac OS X -- it is big-endian.)
- Bugfixes in c-calls implementation.