S M L / N J
1 1 0 . 6 2 N E W S
February 2, 2007
This working version is believed to be stable, but
we have not run our full regression-test suite.
Improvements to language processing tools and installation procedure.
Other minor bugfixes and enhancements.
- Installer now handles the new ml-lpt-lib.cm.
- There is now a new library installer that can be
used by shell scripts.
- SML/NJ library:
- UTF8 structure and signature (from Moby) added.
- UTF8 structure and signature exported.
- Added functionality to "shift" command line arguments
(like /bin/sh's shift command).
- During startup, while processing command-line arguments,
CM uses the new shift functionality (see above) to trim
down the argument list.
This way one can easily write ML code that (when executed via
the command line) takes over control and processes all
This functionality is utilized by the new library installer.
- CM plugins for tools (e.g., ml-burg,
ml-ulex, ml-antlr) now live
within their respective source trees and are installed
by the library installer.
- language processing tools:
- manual is up-to-date with the code
- many minor improvements
- a few minor bugfixes
- added support for stream created from several kinds of sources