Please feel free to send additional URLs that should be on this list to
SML Programming Resources
- Concurrent ML
- sml_tk, a library for using the TK graphical interface, now updated to version 3.0
- Martin Erwig's Functional Graph Library
- Yi and Ryu's SML/NJ exception analyzer
- ÁNOQ of the Sun's SDL::ML. "Standard ML bindings for Sam Lantiga's SDL library. SDL stands for Simple DirectMedia Layer and it is a library for creating sound, fast graphics, getting mouse and keyboard input etc." This works with MLton and MLKit, but hopefully it will get ported to SML/NJ.
- See also the contributed tools and libraries available in the contrib directory of the SML/NJ ftp site.
Related Compiler Research Projects
- The MLRISC code generator system
- The FLINT project at Yale
- The LET project at KAIST
- The TILT Compiler project at Cornell and CMU
- The TAL (Typed Assembly Language) project at Cornell
- The ML Kit project at DIKU
- The MLton whole-program optimizing SML compiler. (SML '97)
- The Dynamic ML project at Edinburgh
- The Moby programming language — combining object-oriented and functional programming.
- The ckit front end for C
- The Church Project: Compiling with Flow Types
- Projet Cristal (Caml, Ocaml) at INRIA, Rocquencourt
- The Berkeley ANalysis Engine (BANE)
- The Zephyr Abstract Syntax Description Lanuguage (ASDL)
- The New Jersey Machine-Code Toolkit
- C--: a portable assembly language
- Proof-Carrying Code at CMU
- Proof-Carrying Code at Princeton
- Extended ML (specification and formal development of SML programs)
- The paraML project at ANU
Other implementations of Standard ML (and subsets)
- The Standard ML project at www.smlfamily.org is intended to support all Standard ML implementations by collecting common test suits, benchmarks, libraries, and documentation.
- Poly/ML, Dave Matthew's Standard ML compiler (formerly sold by Abstract, Inc.) is now available as a free, open source implementation. Version 4 implements SML '97.
- Poplog Standard ML, now available as free software (SML '90)
- Moscow ML (with Version 2.0, now implements SML '97, including modules, with some extensions)
- ML Kit. (Version 4 implements SML '97, uses region analysis for memory management.)
- MLj (an SML '97 subset, compiling to the JVM with extensions for working with Java)
[MLj has moved from Persimmon IT to Edinburgh.]
- MLton, a whole-program optimizing SML compiler. (SML '97)
- MLWorks, formerly a product of Harlequin Ltd, is no longer available. With luck, it may return as free software in the future. (SML '97)
Other ML dialects
Projects using ML